Learning Center Reflection


Learning Center Reflection

Creating my Learning Center

I created my learning centers for a first grade classroom. I did this, because my novice teaching placement was in a first grade classroom and my student teaching placement will also be in a first grade classroom. I thought creating my centers for this grade would be the most beneficial for me. I focused on the topic of place value. I chose this topic based off of my learning segment topic. I did my best to create three interactive activities that students would enjoy. In first grade, math should be fun! I created a place value chart practice, a manipulative representation, and a place value game. I think creating these learning centers was a great assignment, because it is something I can use in my placements and possibly in my future classroom.

Other Learning Centers

Participating in the learning centers of other was a great opportunity. Other students were extremely creative. I got many ideas of things I could possibly use or adapt for my future classroom. Experiencing other learning stations also made me recognize things I could change to improve my own learning stattions. 

Modifications to my Learning Center


The main thing I would modify in my learning stations are the directions. Many of my peers mentioned that my directions were too difficult for first grade. I do think I could simplify my directions to make them more suitable for first graders. I also think my activities were a little difficult to self check. I could find a way to make this easier for students. Another one of my peers mentioned that my place card game was too difficult for first graders. I do not think this is the case. I saw this activity done in a kindergarten classroom, and the students did great! I definitely think I could make some improvements to my learning centers, but overall I think I created three fun and engaging activities.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TA Ch. 3: Implement Tasks that Promote Reasoning and Problem Solving

Manipulative Activities

TA Chapters 6 & 7